How to Recruit and Retain Staff Post-Pandemic
| Well put on social media recently, the question is not who is hiring, rather who is not? We know the majority of you are currently struggling to recruit and retain staff. As always, the NHBA is in it with you and we want to be a resource to overcome staffing woes. In this month's newsletter we wanted to share some great resources that we've recently discovered.|
| Do you have questions or resources you'd like to share? Great! We'd love to hear from you! Contact us at any time! |
| Kirsten Larsen Schultz, Executive Director|
Improving Hiring Strategies
- Build a strong employer brand- a recent Glassdoor survey found 69% of respondents are likely to apply for a job if the employer actively manages it's brand by responding to reviews, updating the company's profile and sharing updates on the company's culture and work environment.
- Fit the personality to the job- During the selection process, consider how a candidate's personality traits align with the daily job task.
- Improve your interviews- According to Leadership IQ CEO Mark Murphy, the job interview process focuses on making sure new hires are technically competent, wheras other factors that are just as important to employee success like coachability, emotional intelligence temperament and motivation are often overlooked.
- Write better job descriptions- focus on what your company can do for potential employees and you'll attract candidates who better fit your needs
NHBA Business Resources
| Are you hiring? Fill out this form to send us details of what you are looking for and we will share with our network. |
- Employers can post jobs and inquire about getting involved in virtual job fairs through NHES - You can hold a virtual job fair or in person job fair.
- Simplyhired.com- Free
- Indeed.com- Free & Paid options
- Jobsinnh.com- Free
- NHWorks- Job Match System is working with people on unemployment- Free
- Facebook- Free
- Ziprecruiter.com- Paid
- Linkedin.com- Free
- If apprentices are needed: apprenticeship.gov- Free
- Monster.com- Paid
- Glassdoor.com- Paid
| Tip: We recently heard about an employer who is posting their hiring needs on social media and emailing the link / job info to their personal network encouraging them to share with anyone who they know of that might be looking or have family that is looking. It's time for out-of-the-box creative solutions!|
| We are always here to support you! We'd love to hear from you on how we might help you recruit or what sort of info or ideas would be helpful. Send us a note to: email@example.com.|
| Here are a few Podcasts you might find useful:|
| "Hiring & Empowering Solutions" - Molly McGrath|
| This podcast is dedicated to providing the key ingredients to transform your employees into a dream team that creates consistent results in every aspect of the business.|
| Guidance on how to interview and hire. |
| Looking for a Good Read? Check out these great Books we recommend:|
| "Hiring for Attitude" by Mark Murphy|
| In Hiring for Attitude, Mark Murphy combines the science of selecting for attitude with the wisdom of how to apply it to your business. The tools in this book are clever and unique and will immediately enhance your culture. Attitude is the new front in the war for talent, and this book positions you to win."|
| "Hire with your Head" by Lou Adler|
| In Hire with your Head: Using Performance Based Hiring to Build Great Teams, Lou Adler provides sound advice on attracting and hiring the top job candidates. Interviewers frequently focus on the candidate's qualifications and interview skills rather than the job requirements.|
| JUNE: In-Person Annual Meeting @ Throwback Brewery on June 8. Plus: June 30th for NHBA sponsored Bandstand concert featuring Ayla Brown!|
| JULY: Online Networking Event, date TBA|
| OCTOBER: the Scarecrows of the Seacoast return to North Hampton|
Thank you for your ongoing support of the North Hampton Business Association!
View our other recent news online.